I know you're having a baby. I can see your belly bump every.f*in.day. I know you're having a boy. I know your baby shower is coming up. I got the Evite. I got the email. I got the printed invitation. I got the follow up Evite. I got the reminder Evite. I got the two additional subsequent reminders. PLEASE STOP SENDING ME THE F*CKIN EVITE!!
I tried doing a baby shower about a year after my first loss. I spent the majority of the time crying in the bathroom. I cannot stand all the talks about babies. I cannot see everybody and their babies. I cannot ooh and ahh over the cute onsies and strollers and bedding. I am not strong enough to go through it and honestly, I just don't want to. Ever!
Please stop with the incessant emails and Evites. I AM NOT GOING! I understand you want to share the joy of your child with everyone. I would love to do that, too. Unfortunately, I've had three losses in a year and a half, so excuse me if I am just not jumping for joy over your little bundle. While you're celebrating, I'm still mourning my angels.
No comments:
Post a Comment