Friday, January 21, 2011

B!tchy parent part 2

Once again, this parent just would not accept the fact that her daughter really isn't the brightest. I did not "spring" a test on them last minute, which caused her daughter to get a 12 out of 40. I was not "punishing" them for not understanding the concept. The class overall did well on the quiz. It just so happens that her daughter earned the lowest score.

I'm sick and tired of this parent blaming me for her daughters misgivings. I understand that you have to go to bat for your child, and that's perfectly commendable. However, when you place blame on others, you deny your child the opportunity to be accountable for her actions. You are doing her a serious disservice. Let her take responsibility for her grade.

What is even more frustrating is when she says "well, I heard from a few other parents that..." and "my daughter said you said..." Really?! I haven't heard any complaints from any parent and unfortunately, your daughter doesn't always listen well enough to be able to relay the proper message. Plus, your daughter lies! She won't admit she didn't study!

What I really want to do is write a letter to all the high schools that her daughter is applying to and tell them that the mother is extremely difficult to deal with. I also want to gather a petition from all the other teachers that can't stand this woman and send it each high school. I don't give a rats a$s about them anymore. They need to leave, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment