Wednesday, May 4, 2011

More pg than ever

I had my D&E at 17 weeks. My water broke the day before and I was already dilated a few cm by the time they performed the procedure. Today, I am 17w1d, officially more pregnant than I have ever been. A huge milestone, but also a whole new set of fears.

Up until now, I had some clue as to what to expect. I knew what symptoms were "normal" and what signs were red flags. From this point forward, I am treading in new territory. I know nothing about BH, kicks, back pain, lack of weight gain, quad screens, etc.

I also had an appointment today. I was hoping for an u/s since it's been over four weeks since I got to see her. Instead, we got a quick doppler check (which we can do at home), and more blood drawn. It was for my quad screen; more worry for another two weeks.

I also got a referral for a structural scan. I'm guessing this is similar to the anatomy scan. Besides finding out the sex, which we already know, they'll also look to make sure internal structures are there and all in working condition. Again, bring on the worry.

I'm thrilled that I am still pregnant. I get a little more excited as each day passes, and DH and I even went to check out strollers last weekend. As we get closer, it seems more and more likely that we will have our take home baby. Please let this be the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment