Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fifth's Disease

I was told by the administration yesterday that a couple of our students have been confirmed to have this. Normally, it's not a big deal, but since I'm pg, they thought I should be informed and told me to call the doctor. I called them and they said to come in for a blood test. Most adults are immune, but they just want to make sure. I went in for the test today. They were not too concerned but wanted me out of work until the results came back.

I am not too worried about being exposed, but the missing work is more of an inconvenience. I had to prep last minute lesson plans, scramble to find people to cover my classes, and we have our Open House tonight. Luckily, it didn't take much to help set up and prep for today and tomorrow. I'm also missing work on Monday since my structural scan is Monday afternoon. So much for missing as little work as possible. Better safe than sorry though.

On a happier note, DH got to feel her kick today!! I have been able to feel it for a week or so, but DH kept missing it when he would feel my belly. For some reason, she's been super active today, so when I felt her give a strong kick, I quickly told DH to put his hand where she was kicking. Sure enough, a few seconds later, she gave a good thump and DH was able to feel it against his palm. It was just the one time, but he sure got a "kick" out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment