DH will have a BBQ for his work once in a while. I rarely have a chance to go to them since they are always on a weekday and during work hours. I finally got a chance to go yesterday since my meetings were supposed to end at noon. However, the schedule kept changing and I wasn't sure if I was still able to make it.
He finally told me that I had to go since some of his employees were going to throw me a "shower" and get gifts for us. I left my meetings early, headed out there for the BBQ, and got to thank a few people for their gifts. It was a little awkward since I don't know 97% of his employees. It was still really nice of them though.
I had to go back to work and finish up some stuff, so DH brought all the stuff back. I haven't had a chance to go through any of it, but DH did mention we got a few things off of our registry and some gift cards. He'll be working on his Thank You cards this weekend. We will then sort through all of her stuff and wash the clothes.
I have also started to pack my bag for the hospital. The "nursery" is still a mess, so we'll get started on it this weekend as well. I really want to finish packing, get the clothes sorted and washed, and maybe start opening some boxes of gifts and setting up the room. We also need to do another wave of Spring cleaning.
With less than 40 days to go, I'm starting to panic a little that things are not even close to being ready. I am a major planner and like things set ahead of time, while DH still thinks we have plenty of time. I don't think he realizes how fast these next few weeks are going to go. I hope we get a lot done this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment