DH surprised me with a shower yesterday. He had been planning for a month, getting my friends, his friends, family, etc together and even arranged for decorations and games. What a guy!
He got JH to fly down from Nor Cal at 12wks pregnant for the day to surprise me. We all got together at Buca de Beppo for lunch in Old Town. Our mom's even his under tables just to surprise me. There were decorations, a couple of games, and even buckets of toys for the kids that were there.
People had been buying presents from our registry and having them delivered to our place. We thought we had all the stuff we were going to get. However, people brought more presents yesterday. We haven't had a chance to open anything, but from what I can see, most of it were things we could use.
The biggest thing was that DH got me the Gucci diaper bag we looked at. I wasn't 100% serious about getting it since it was super expensive, but he humored me and went to look at it with me. I figured that since someone already bought the Skip Hop one from our registry, that was just going to be it.
It would have been a complete surprise, but the salesman from Gucci called while we were in the car and when DH picked up, the guy said "so, did you give her the bag yet?" DH said he just blew the surprise since I could hear. It was still a huge surprise and I can't believe he actually bought it!
Overall, the shower went really well. People had a good time, the kids were occupied, there was a lot of food, and it was great to see some people we haven't seen in a while. I'm not one for showers or surprise parties, but DH did a fantastic job planning everything. Definitely the best DH, ever!

No comments:
Post a Comment