Somebody posted a set of "10 Commandments" on TB. A set of rules for the non-pregnant on how to treat the pregnant. Some of the things on the list apply, while others are kind of lame. I'll be making a few of my own edits here.
1. The appropriate response when someone tells you they're pregnant is "Congratulations!" Any other response makes you an a$s. (This is very true. I've had someone ask "was it planned?" What kind of question is that?! a$s!)
2. Unless you were responsible for making the baby, you have no input. If your opinion is wanted, you will be asked. (I don't want your suggestions. Someone once said "make sure you pierce her ears so people know she's a girl. a$s!)
3. The body of a pregnant woman should be treated like any other body. How would you like it if I started rubbing your belly? (Very true! I don't understand why it is now free reign to start rubbing my belly and say how big it is. a$s!)
4. No woman should hear comments on her weight. This also applies to pregnant women. The only thing to say is "you look fabulous!" (Don't tell me I've gained weight. I know!! Don't qualify it by saying, oh, but not all over. Still a$s!)
5. Again, unless you are responsible for making the baby, do not invite yourself to appointments, or the delivery. If you are wanted, you will be asked. (This hasn't happened to me. I'm sure if more family/friends knew, it probably would.)
6. I'm pregnant, not an invalid. Stop treating me like I am a child. (Stop telling me not to eat junk food, go to sleep at a reasonable hour, don't scratch, don't forget your vitamins, drink plenty of water, etc. You are not my mother! a$s!)
7. Respect my privacy. If I don't want to tell you the sex or the name, let it go. (I did not want to mention my LO's name and someone actually said, "oh, you're one of those people. Don't be like that and just tell me." Fvck you... a$s!)
8. Despite what you may think, I don't want to talk about my pregnancy all the time. (A "how are you feeling" is fine. Pelting me with questions about my pregnancy gets annoying. If I want to talk about it, I will bring it up. a$s.)
9. I'm sure you feel like an expert after having a child of your own, but you're not. Stop telling me what is going on with MY body. (I've had tons of mothers tell me their horrid experiences with pregnancy and that I should expect it. a$s!)
10. Stop pointing out the negatives. I know it will be hard, I know my life will change. (I was at a restaurant where a toddler was screaming his head off. A friend of mine looked at me and said "are you sure you want one?" a$s!)
My pregnancy was planned. It was not a decision we took lightly. We looked at our lifestyle and money situation. We discussed the changes and whether we were ready for the responsibilities, the late nights, the worries, bills, sacrifices, etc.
We probably didn't think of everything and we're not 100% "prepared" but then again, most people aren't. However, after multiple losses, I am so thankful that I have her inside of me still. Be happy for me and stop sh!tting on my rainbow!! a$s!
No comments:
Post a Comment