Having had a loss before my birthday the last two years have made me not really want to celebrate my birthday. It is then no surprise that I actually forgot that my birthday was today. That, and the fact that my world has been consumed with DD.
She turned one month yesterday, so DH and I were focusing on that. He forgot about my birthday as well, but surprised me with some comfy PJ's this morning, "from Peanut." We're not doing anything special and obviously not going out anywhere.
My MIL came by yesterday for Peanut's one month. She held her for a couple of hours, which was a great break for me. I was able to get some laundry done, clean up, eat, nap for 30 minutes, and rest my arms. Would be nice to have that everyday.
If I would want anything for my birthday this year, it would be to have some help during the week. Someone to watch her so I can shower and eat. Someone to help with laundry and do some light cleaning around the place would be a nice present.
However, I have the best present ever, my daughter. Happy birthday to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment